Friday, July 16, 2010

K8 Art Collector Profile: The Positive Thinkers

It's not been an easy year for Landon and his wife Heather. Personal tragedies have rocked their world, causing them to be in a state of sadness.

"I stumbled upon an article interviewing you in the NOISE. I was curious, so I looked up your blog and from there started looking through your artwork, the entire time with a big smile on my face. With everything going on, it feels very good to be able to forget about everything for a moment and smile," said Landon in an email to me.

I can't think of a greater compliment than that! Except maybe that he then took it a step farther... Landon went right out and visited 2 galleries that sell my art. He then purchased a piece from each (without the blessing of Heather...) ... Fortunately she fell in love with 'Charlie the Turtle,' and all was right with the world.
**photo of Heather & Landon with their pieces, on a much-needed beach getaway.

When I wished them better luck, he said something that struck a chord with me: "My wife and I are raging optimists, despite the tough times we believe good things are close around the corner." A mantra I (and a lot of people I know) definitely need to adopt! Thanks for spreading the hope, and the art!

Check out Landon's blog at: www.MuddyParasol.com

** If you have purchased, been gifted or possibly robbed a house where you stole Kate Cosgrove artwork, send me a photo of you & the piece (or your kid and the piece). I'll feature you on my blog! Be sure to include any important facts that make your story special! k8cosgrove@gmail.com

No comments: