Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Rhinolicious



I've always had a love for the mighty rhinoceros. In 5th grade my teacher read Rudyard Kippling's 'Just So Story' to us about a rhino with cake crumbs itching his skin. It always stuck in my brain, and I carried it there right into adult-hood.

When I met my big-beefy husband, he would always make me scratch his back and I told him he was the rhino from that story. It became an inside joke for us and I would get him little rhino-themed gifts from different trips I took. At some point I need to get a print of Albrecht Dürer's
Rhinoceros for our house.

So you can imagine how thrilled I was to be assigned the task of designing Potter Park Zoo's new rhinoceros exhibit signs! And after learning more about the two amazing rhinos who will be living there, I became even more excited.

Welcome to Potter Park Zoo Doppsee and Jello, you have a great big rhino-sized fan in me.

(Here are pix from the ribbon-cutting ceremony at the zoo.)

No comments: